NCTJ Mobile

Types of courses

NCTJ Careers Home Types of courses

Types of courses

The NCTJ Diploma in Journalism can be studied at universities, colleges and independent providers across the UK.

Universities deliver the NCTJ Diploma as part of BA and MA/PGDip courses. In addition to completing the vocational NCTJ qualification, students also study academic modules and sit additional university exams.

Further education colleges offer the Diploma in Journalism as fast-track and academic year courses and there are a number of independent providers who offer fast-track courses.

You can search by course type on our website. click here

Which course is for you?

All NCTJ courses meet the accreditation standard and follow the NCTJ curriculum, and all are designed to give you the best possible chance to get a job in journalism. However, course structures vary, so you may want to consider the following questions when weighing up which course would suit you best: